THE MENDOUBIA GARDEN
The Jardin de la Mendoubia takes its name from the building it surrounds, which is none other than the Commercial Court.
The visitor will be fascinated amongst other things by the architecture of the place and by the enormity of a hundred-year-old tree located at the entrance to the Mandoubia.
Other trees contribute to reinforce the greenery of the famous Mandoubia gardens.
The Mandoubia was created to house the offices and residence of the Mendoub, the permanent representative of the Sultan at the time when Tangiers was an international zone.
Pavilions of this prestigious building were used, in March 1941, as the headquarters of the German consulate.
Sign In to publish a review